When will the library reopen?
We will reopen with limited hours and services on Monday, June 29! To reopen safely and comply with the law, we’ve had to make a lot of changes. Your patience and understanding is appreciated.
• Hours Mon-Thurs 11-6, Fri 11-4, Sat 11-3
• Masks and social distancing required
• Computers will be available by appointment only
• Limited occupancy
• No in-person programs or meeting room use
How do I use curbside service?
You can request items online or by calling the library at (269) 657-3800. When your item(s)
are ready, we’ll call you to arrange a pick-up time. If you are not sure what
you want, we’ll be happy to suggest something. You can also pick up tax forms or
documents we have printed for you. Curbside service hours are Tuesdays and
Thursdays 11am-3pm. Curbside pickup location will be indicated by orange cones
beyond the book return on the north side of the building.
What should I do about the books I have checked out?
You can bring them back. We are happy to accept returns in our dropbox. There won’t be any fine because the library is fine-free.
Can I put donations in the drop box too?
No, sorry, we are not able to take donations at this time.
Can I get a document printed?
document with a message that you would like it printed. We will call you to arrange a pick-up time.
What steps is the library taking to keep everyone safe?
• Returned materials are quarantined for one
week before they are reshelved to ensure that there is no risk of infection. For this reason, the materials you’ve returned will show on your account as still checked out. But don’t worry, the quarantine period won’t limit the number of items you can check out and you won’t get fines.
• Frequently touched surfaces are cleaned and disinfected several times during the day.
• Plexiglas shields have been installed at the circulation desk and lines marked so that patrons can maintain distance while they wait to checkout.
• Staff and patrons will be required to wear masks and practice social distancing. The library will follow occupancy limits set by Executive Order 2020-114.
• Staff and vendors participate in health screening every day before they enter the library.
The Library Board has adopted a phased plan for the safe reopening of the library. For more information, see the Library’s
COVID-19 Pandemic Policy and
COVID-19 Pandemic Plan.
If you have questions about health and safety at the library, please call the director at (269) 657-3800.